Homework: Study vocabulary for quiz on Wedneday, February 14.
Study Guide- Quiz Wednesday February 14
- Voracious- an insatiable appetite for an activity or pursuit; eager to consume great amounts of food.
- Surreptitious- done or acting in a secret, sly manner.(adjective)
- Tenacious- Tough; stubborn; not letting go
- Copious- Abundant; plentiful
- Abduct- to kidnap or carry off by force.
- Emanate—To come out from
- Incognito—hiding one’s true identity, often using a disguise.
- Apprehensive—fearful about what may happen
Monday: Identify the claim that best supports the evidence.
Tuesday: Argumentative Writing. What is the the best candy? Write a five paragraph essay on your favorite candy. Give reasons and supporting evidence.
Wednesday: Quiz over vocabulary words (SAT words of the day). Finish up argumentative essay. Allow students to share their essays if time permits.
Thursday: Read “High School Football: Would a Pop Warner Ban Limit Concussions? p.186-188 Take notes for a debate over the following topic: Should youths be banned from participating in sports such as dodge ball, cheerleading, and football?
Friday: Class debate over the topic: Should youths be banned from participating in sports such as dodge ball, cheerleading, and football?